Behavior Interactive also announced a Deluxe Edition of the game, which will include the “Sunclaw” weapon skin, “Desert Cyclops” and “Gilded Warrior” depot skins, and the “Scorched Necropolis Deco Pack,” which includes two building blocks (Limestone, Golden Age), two props (Winged Molding, Temple Light), an animated prop (Spinning Enigma) and eight decals. Pre-orders are available now for Xbox Series and Xbox One via the Microsoft Store and PC via Steam at a 10 percent discount price of $35.99.
Get the latest details below.
While there’s no better feeling than finally getting a game into players’ hands, Meet your maker‘s focus on user-generated content makes this release extra special for us.
This is a twisted playground where everyone can unleash their creativity, build and challenge each other with levels we could never have imagined. After the incredible showcase of imagination and skill we’ve seen from our playtesters, we’re very excited to see what the rest of the world can do.
If you’re looking for a few ideas to fuel your personal approach to building or raiding on April 4th, here are some player-inspired profiles to help light the fuse.
What kind of builder are you?
Thinking about the experience you want to create for Raiders isn’t just a fun way to build in Meet your maker, it is an important part of the game. Flex that dark creativity to create something memorable and gain accolades from Raiders that will fuel your Outpost’s progression along the way.
- The Maze Maker
- Each outpost in Meet your maker requires you to build a clear path from its entrance to the Genmat’s core – but nothing says this path has to be easy to navigate. Build like a Labyrinth Maker and make the layout of the Outpost itself another enemy for players to battle. Twisting corridors, verticality, multiple branching corridors, and trap-filled dead ends are all great ways to confuse the Raiders.
- Along with well-placed traps, guards also play a large role in the Maze Maker’s arsenal. Personally record each of their patrol routes through your maze for maximum effect. Then up the ante by equipping guards with Augments like Unleashed and letting them break free from their patrol path to chase down Raiders to the death.
- The Catcher
- Some of the most rewarding moments in Meet your maker happen when a Raider thinks they’ve evaded your clever trap setup, only to realize they were being driven towards the real threat the whole time. The trapper loves to chain traps together and think strategically to always be one step ahead.
- You can equip each trap with Mods to give you ultimate control over how (and when) they are deployed. Traps can be modified to do anything from explode on destruction, trigger more than once, or remain invisible until the Raider grabs the Genmate, creating a whole new funhouse to deal with on the way out.
- The visionary
Outposts are deadly by nature, but we’ve also seen Builders go all-in on aesthetics and immersion to incredible results. The visionary’s goal is to build a lethal work of art and spend time creating an atmosphere with the perfect combination of architecture, props, decals and color palettes meant to leave a Raider’s jaw on the floor.
- On top of the main toolbox, Base Game also comes with the Castle Siege Deco Pack to help you build dark dungeons and medieval fortresses. We’ll be adding a steady stream of themed deco packs like this to the game post-launch, all of which can be used individually or combined in unique ways.
What Kind of Raider Are You?
As Raider i Meet your maker, you must take on a series of unique Outposts, all designed by players from around the world. Your goal is to get in, grab the Genmat and escape with your life. There is no right way to raid and what works best for you ultimately depends on what type of player you are.
- The thinker
- This is a one-shot, one kill game, and taking a methodical approach is often your best bet. Look around every corner, see how much information you can glean on a room before entering it, and attack with a plan. Think like a Builder as much as possible and break down an Outpost’s defenses one strategic step at a time.
- The Speedrunner
- If adrenaline and unexpected entertainment are your thing, you might be a Speedrunner. Try trading in a careful approach to sprints that are all about quick reflexes and let your Grapple Hook send you around every room. If you don’t even know what to do next, how can a Builder predict it?
- The completionist
- You don’t want to just knock an outpost, you want to solidify it and send the builder back to the drawing board. Completionists are not only there for Genmat, but everything else too. Clear each room, break each trap, kill each guard to collect loot and find the ancient item before you escape.
And don’t forget, whether you’re building or raiding, it’s always more fun with a friend. Builders can team up to share the work and collaborate on the ultimate deathtrap, and Raiders can bring a friend into the fray for wild action when a stubborn Outpost just refuses to go down.
We set out to create something new and different with Meet your maker and we couldn’t be more grateful for the support we’ve received along the way. We hope you have as much fun building in the wasteland as we do.
Meet your maker will be released for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on April 4.
Watch a new trailer below. Check out a new set of promotional artwork in the gallery.