Publisher Bethesda Softworks and developer Tango Gameworks have announced a rhythm action game Rush Hi-Fi for Xbox Series and PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store). It’s available now for $29.99, as well as via Xbox Game Pass.
Get the details below.
Rush Hi-Fi is a single-player rhythm-action game from Tango Gameworks, the award-winning studio behind Ghostwire: Tokyo and The Evil Within. In Rush Hi-Fi, the whole world is moving to the beat. Everything from trees swaying through the environment with every hit received during combat automatically syncs to in-game music with stellar animations.
The player takes on the role of Chai, a free-spirited slacker with rock star ambitions. During a technological procedure to receive a robotic arm, he finds an unexpected “bonus” when his music player is fused within its power supply. As if that weren’t enough, the company behind the experiment calls it a “flaw”, making it a target to disable. With a squad of corporate lords and an army of robots after him, Chai must defend himself through fast-paced combat and the aid of a ragtag team of allies to take down the company’s ruthless corporate bosses and s ‘escape.
- Always-in-sync gameplay – Every element of the world of Rush Hi-Fi is synchronized with the game’s soundtrack. The combat sequences line up perfectly with the rhythm of the music, allowing for gameplay that is not only exhilarating but also extremely satisfying. Rush Hi-Fi is a rhythm action game, with an emphasis on action. A player’s movements aren’t dictated by the music like in a traditional rhythm game – players have the freedom of full action gameplay, but inputting actions with the beat amplifies a player’s attacks. player with music.
- Packed with personality – Rush Hi-Fi features an outrageous cast of characters, each with their own unique personalities and skills to help Chai take down the bad guys and crank up the volume on the playful tone of the game. Rush Hi-Fi unlike anything Tango Gameworks has created before and offers a light and humorous gaming experience for all to enjoy.
- Addictive music – Rush Hi-Fi features an energetic and catchy soundtrack of licensed songs, ranging from well-known rockers to inspired cuts that will keep players engaged and headbanging while they play. Licensed music and original music in Rush Hi-Fi offer more than just background music with each track matching the beat of that level’s characters, environment, platforming, and combat.
- Dynamic visuals – Lovingly animated gags with crisp cartoon effects, the visuals of Rush Hi-Fi are dynamic and fun. Rush Hi-FiThe visual style of not only appeals to a variety of audiences, it’s also easy on gamers’ hardware and doesn’t require an expensive graphics card to look vibrant and stunning on Xbox or PC.
- Broadcast Mode – For those looking to stream live Rush Hi-Fi or publish an online game, Rush Hi-Fi features a Streamer mode that replaces licensed in-game tracks with original songs. This mode should allow streamers and content creators to stream and publish their gameplay with low risk of claims, takedowns, and muting. This option is toggled in game settings. Please note that even if players take these actions, due to forces beyond our control, there is no guarantee that third parties or external software will not interfere with the published content. However, using Streamer mode is intended to reduce the chances of this happening.
Licensed tracks (not available in Streamer mode)
- Nine Inch Nails – “1,000,000”
- Nine Inch Nails – “Perfect Drug”
- The Black Keys – “Lonely Boy”
- Prodigy – “Invaders Must Die”
- The Tremendous Joy – “Whirring”
- Number Girl – “Inazawa Chainsaw” / li>
- Wolfgang Gartner – “Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony”
- Zwan – “Honestly”
Included in the Rush Hi-Fi Deluxe edition:
- Rush Hi-Fi (base game)
- Two Chai outfits*
- Seven bonus Chai t-shirts
- 808 themed guitar skin
- 808 Alternate Skin
- Gears Starter Pack with 20,000 Gears to unlock combat skills and other upgrades. (Note: Gears are obtained through in-game combat and exploration and are not available as purchasable currency.)
* Each of the Chai outfits includes a headdress, scarf, jacket, pants, and shoes that can be mixed and matched with the t-shirts and guitar skins.
Note: Gears are available immediately after purchase. Players have access to other items after completing the opening phase and can change their outfit in the hideout.
Watch a series of trailers below. See a set of screenshots in the gallery.
Detailed gameplay trailer