Jan 6 committee obtains previously unknown film of Trump and family at the time of riot

The House January 6 select committee has taken possession of the recently discovered video footage shot by Alex Holder, a documentary filmmaker who had access to former President Donald Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, Mr Trump’s children and other confidantes in the months leading to the Capitol riot.

A spokesperson for Mr Holder, Liz Trotter, told The Independent Mr Holder has provided the select committee with “all the footage” it requested in a 15 June subpoena, and said the documentary will appear before the panel for a deposition on Thursday.

The subpoena issued to Mr Holder, which was first reported by Politicorequired him to produce “raw footage” taken by him and his colleagues on the day of the Capitol attack, as well as any footage of interviews with Mr Trump, Mr Pence, Donald Trump Jr, Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump, or Jared Kushner .

It also required him to turn over “any footage pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election”.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: