We are one more Monday closer to San Diego Comic-Con, which leaves * uses fingers to count *… .. only FOUR more Mondays until the main event. While we wait for the exhibitor list, panel schedule, and announcements from the heavy hitters, let’s take a deep dive into who will be there, who is bringing the goods, and who you’re not going to want to miss.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- Does thou like to live swagaliciously? Symbiote Studios does and is going heavy with the freebies this year with daily complimentary items that will make you want to swing by and see Catnip Bravo and the whole gang. Announcements start June 21 and you can find them on our website.
- Artist Dave Kellett isn’t making any promises about doing any commission but invited you to e-mail him and see if a deal can be made. May we suggest you ask for something pug related?
- Artist David Wong has one of the busiest convention schedules we have seen in a long time, but we are happy to say that he’s making time for San Diego Comic-Con. He’ll be set up selling all his fun and funky art prints.
- The Heroes & Villains brand, known for their unique and original licensed clothing and accessories, has announced on Instagram that they will be at San Diego Comic-Con where you’ll be able to find these Ahsoka pieces, plus much more.
- Our faces melted with excitement to hear that artist Alex Pardee will be back in his usual spot in July. You can find him and fellow freak of nature Dave Correia at booths # 5502 and 5503. If you like art that scares you in the cutest way possible, we think you’ll want to head over there tout de suite!
- Have y’all stated packing yet? Made a packing list? Thought about buying larger luggage? No? Well, you can’t fault Priscilla Wilson of Valor & Vellum for getting an early start on packing her beautiful San Diego Comic-Con exclusive prints. Check out our post for all of Priscilla’s exclusives and events.
- Ethan Castillo may not be in love with this Woverine sketch of his, but we are, bub! We hope this makes it to Ethan’s table in Artists Alley this year.
- We have heard Weta Workshop might not have a booth at San Diego Comic-Con this year – instead, they’re bringing the convention experience to Auckland, New Zealand with Weta Workshop Unleashed featuring workshops, reveals and much more.
As part of the celebration, they will be marking the 20th Anniversary of Lord of the Rings with a panel and Q&A with Richard Taylor, Daniel Falconer, and several Wētā Workshop artists. Seating is very limited so RSVP if you can make it in person, otherwise, you can catch it on their Facebook Live stream.
- You will be able to find a costume concept artist for The Boys, Birds of Prey, and other beloved projects, Greg Hops, on a panel at San Diego Comic-Con. No hints about the subject matter but we’re sure with Hops there it will be entertaining.
- Dan Veesenmeyer’s previous work in progress, an X-Men The Animated Series concept art print, has now moved into the hands of the printer. The finished product can’t be far behind.
- Terry Moore’s Abstract Art booth will have an all new banner to attract your attention, including a spot for Moore’s new series, Parker Girls.
- While you are checking out Moore’s new banner, you’ll also be able to pick up this temporary tattoo for Parker Girls.
- Seven Bucks A Pop made a huge splash at WonderCon with their booth activities including several stellar signings. We are happy to see they are bringing that same excitement to San Diego Comic-Con with mystery grails and (to be announced) signings.
- We love it when Don Nguyen posts his convention “friends lists.” Since we’re still waiting on the official exhibitor list, this is a great chance to see a whole slew of people who have confirmed they will be attending, all in one handy list. Don will be at Artist Alley HH-03, be sure to swing by and say hello!
- And finally today, Val Hochberg is trying to catch ’em all… ..in sketch form at least. She is up to 60 inked pieces for San Diego Comic-Con and isn’t stopping anytime soon. Val welcomes your suggestions for characters on Twitter.
Anything we missed? Let us know in the comments, drop us a line, or tweet us at @SD_Comic_Con.
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.